July 4th, 2020 West Sussex Campsite Opening
We are on target to open our two Sussex campsites on July 4th. Recent UK Government guidance has announced this target date for Step 3 in ‘Our plan to rebuild: The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy’ . This Step allows accommodation providers, such as campsites, to open for business subject to fulfilling some key criteria. We are hopeful the guidance will not change, and of course most importantly the opening of the campsites must ensure the safety of our campers and staff.
As an extra reassurance to our campers additional booking guarantees, Beech Estate Campsite and Wild Boar Wood Campsite will be offering any new bookings made after April 27th until further notice, that may be impacted by UK Government Guidance, either a full credit for 18 months or a full refund. To qualify the booking must be made directly via our website.
To see our full COVID-19 policy and the measures we have taken for bookings at our East Sussex campsite made prior to April 27, 2020 please click here.
Following the opening, our nine tent ‘wild glamping’ Wild Boar Wood Campsite in West Sussex, will see us introduce extra measures for the safety of our campers and staff. These will include;
- Contactless check-in upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser dispensers located in the campsite
- Anti-bactericidal hand soap at the facilities
- Increased cleaning schedule for facilities and deep cleans every day
- Thorough cleaning of glamping tents between guests
- Use of cleaning chemicals tested to kill the coronavirus
- Requesting campers to follow social distancing and hand washing advice
- Staff following coronavirus recommended protocols when cleaning and interacting with campers
We believe our West Sussex Campsite will offer a great option for safe breaks in a beautiful natural surrounding. Staycations and glamping will be very popular this year and we have some distinct advantages over ‘normal’ campsites;
- Well spaced glamping tents with nature barriers of trees and foliage
- Plentiful fresh air and natural woodland surroundings
- Facilities above the recommended number (as per campsite licence)
- Two open air bucket showers
- Nine glamping tents spread over 2 acres at Wild Boar Wood Campsite (refer to map)
- Beautiful 5 acre semi-ancient woodland to explore without leaving the West Sussex campsite
- Woodland activities and walks for children and adults onsite
Please do come and support us following our West Sussex campsite opening for the season. If you have an questions feel free to email us or call the office on 01273 980218.
Stay safe – hope to see you in the woods!