Terms and Conditions
When booking accommodation with Pegs and Pitches Camping, Beech Estate Campsite or Wild Boar Wood Campsite you are agreeing to enter into a binding contract with us.
References to ‘us’ and ‘we’ in these Conditions relate to Pegs and Pitches Camping or their business partners, Eco Camp LTD and Wild Boar Wood LTD. References to ‘you’ or ‘your’ relate to the person making the booking and all members of that person’s party. When you book online or we email confirmation of a reservation to you, we enter into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Conditions.
Pegs and Pitches Camping accepts no liability for loss or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. In making this booking you are accepting full responsibility for yourself, your booking party, your children and you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions, which can also be viewed in full on our website.
All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. Pegs and Pitches Camping accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
General Booking Information
Booking forms are completed via the online booking system on our website. If you make a phone booking we will complete the form for you.
We will send you a booking confirmation via email. Please contact us if you do not receive this. Please check your Booking Confirmation and notify us of any errors immediately. You must be over 18 year of age to make a booking.
During the processing of your completed online booking form, your full payment must be processed via our accepted payment options unless otherwise agreed. Your payment is made in full and consists of a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total booking amount. You have two (2) days in which your payment must be processed into our system from your bank or financial institution. If the payment money is not received in this time we reserve the right to cancel the booking. If payment is made after we issue an invoice or series of invoices, the first 50% of the total amount owed forms the non-refundable deposit amount.
Charges have VAT.
The tent pitches and glamping accommodation are let for holiday use only and are limited to the time specified.
Cancellation or Changes by You:
It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone the office and then confirm in writing within 24 hours. If you cancel your booking the following applies:
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose 50% of total booking amount, or the total of any non-refundable deposit payment. The remainder of any of your other payments made will be refunded less bank fees.
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks before your arrival date you will lose your full payment.
- If you book via a third party organisation and not directly via our website they may have additional terms and conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking, as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation. We are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third party organisation and are not responsible for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
- In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you cannot cancel your contract if the services you have ordered are accommodation, or services related to leisure activities (if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance).
Cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances:
We are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, notifiable diseases, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We strongly recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
For our up to date 2020 Coronavirus Policy please follow this link. This policy over-rides our standard terms and conditions for bookings in 2020.
Any new bookings made after July 5th, 2020, that are unable to commence due to Government guidance regarding COVID-19, will be offered credit notes for 18 months. This applies to booking made directly on our website only.
Any new bookings made after April 27th, 2020 until July 5th, 2020, that are unable to commence due to Government guidance regarding COVID-19, will be offered credit notes for 18 months or full refunds. This applies to booking made directly on our website only.
For new bookings made after April 27th 2020 involving groups of families and friends, it is contingent upon these groups to observe the current Government guidance on social distancing at the time of their stay. Hesitancy to observe social distancing rules will not be considered sufficient reason to trigger our credit or refund policy for new bookings.
For bookings made through third party sites we are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third party organisation. We are unable to take responsibility for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
Cancellations of individual bookings making up part of a larger booking are subject to any additional specific terms and conditions agreed for the group booking.
Cancellation or Changes by Us:
Once we have issued you with a confirmation, we will do our best not to make any changes or cancel your booking. However please note that sometimes changes do occur before or after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
- Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from issue date.
- The gift certificate is subject to booking availability, which may be seen on our websites.
- Weekends are subject to a two night minimum booking and Bank Holiday weekends are subject to a three-night minimum stay.
- Please book in advance to avoid disappointment by contacting the office.
- If the total value of your stay is greater than the Gift Card, the excess is the responsibility of the Gift Card holder.
- If the total value of stay is less than the Gift Card, there will be no cash refund but we shall issue a new gift card with the remaining balance.
- Gift Cards will be deducted from the total value of the stay at point of booking.
- Gift Cards may only be redeemed once.
- Gift cards are non-transferable and non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Pegs and Pitches is unable to replace or reimburse for lost or stolen gift cards.
- Gift cards cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent.
- Gift cards are valid across any of Pegs and Pitches campsites unless otherwise stated.
- Terms & Conditions are subject to change and bookings are further subject to our standard terms and conditions.
We recommend insurance to cover cancellation, loss, damage or injury. As a small business we are not able to act as your insurers and rearrange your stay due to your changes in personal circumstances.
We regret that pets are not permitted at our campsites.
Arrival and Departure
- Beech Estate Campsite – Arrival times for Bell Tents are between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Arrival times for Tent Pitches are between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm. The Bell Tents and Tent Pitches must be vacated by 11.00 am on the departure date. Please let us know if you expect to arrive late or are delayed.
- Wild Boar Wood Campsite – Arrival times for Bell Tents are between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm.. The Bell Tents and must be vacated by 11.00 am on the departure date. Please let us know if you expect to arrive late or are delayed.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived by noon on the day following the booking start date we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Noise Policy and Behaviour
We operate small scale quiet, relaxed and laid back campsites. All electronic music and percussion instruments of any kind are banned. Loud noise doesn’t fit into the vibe of peace and tranquility. The wooded area adjoining our campsites and owned by us are off-limits and closed from 9pm-9am to minimise any noise pollution to our neighbours, fellow campers and for safety concerns.
We ask that campers please respect fellow campers and our local neighbours. There is a LOW NOISE POLICY from 10pm around the campsite.
We reserve the right to remove any campers who act inappropriately or do not follow our noise guidelines.
- Pegs and Pitches Camping are surrounded by beautiful countryside filled with unusual plants and animals. However, this brings with it the risks associated with wild animals and poisonous plants. We accept no responsibility for any injuries or illness that you suffer as a result of bites, stings or from eating or playing with poisonous plants. If in any doubt, please always ask us, and encourage your children not to touch plants or animals that you or they cannot positively identify.
- Children are free to explore the site, but they remain their parents responsibility at ALL times.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or damage whatsoever to persons, vehicles, tents, accessories or contents during your stay with us.
- Our campsites and their landscapes include some steep slopes, rough terrain, trees, brambles and other natural hazards. Depending on the weather, conditions can be cold, wet, slippery or hot, dry and brittle.
- We trust that you appreciate we can take no responsibility for the weather conditions at the time of your visit. We recommend that you come prepared with suitable clothing and footwear, so that you can enjoy the charm of the natural environment in all its diversity.
- The flying of kites is prohibited for your own safety.
- Pegs and Pitches Camping reserve the right to close the campsite in extreme or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to do this is entirely at our discretion.
- The use of gas cookers, gas heaters or naked flames is not allowed at any time in the glamping accommodations that we offer or within your own tents whilst on the campsites. This is due to the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, weapons, generators and dangerous materials or substances are not allowed on the campsite.
- Wild Boar Wood has a boundary with the historical Bluebell railway line. There is a secure fence separating the campsite from the railway line. It is forbidden to cross this fence at any time, due to the danger from trains.
- Our campsites are adjoining or near to agricultural land used for farming and forestry. Campers must be careful when entering these areas whilst staying with us.
By booking with Pegs and Pitches Camping you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, hazards and dangers of entering the campsite.
The Car Park
The car parks for our campsites are located away from the campsite pitches. Directions and how to find the car park are found either in the links sent to you via email prior to your arrival, or on the booking confirmation sent at the time of your booking. Only authorised vehicles are allowed access to the main campsite areas, unless approved for deliveries. The access tracks down to the campsite are only for staff and emergency vehicle access. All guests and any additional guests visiting the campsite may only park in the designated car park area.All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners risk. Pegs and Pitches Camping accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
We ask that you leave your glamping accommodation, bell tent, tent pitch or areas you use within the campsite in a clean and tidy state upon your departure. It is a condition of your stay in all glamping structures that you wash all cooking equipment and dishes used during your stay. Thank you for your cooperation. We reserve the right to charge a cleaning cost if your glamping accommodation, bell tent, tent pitch or any area used within the campsite are not left in the same condition as originally found. Group bookings that leave accommodation or campsite areas in an untidy state may forfeit an amount of their security deposit to pay for their cleaning costs.
Pegs and Pitches Camping has ample provision for recycling so please separate your rubbish and use the bins provided.
Wild Boar Wood and Beech Estate are off-grid campsites, where we have limited rubbish collection. Like many campsites we ask you to take home your rubbish with you. Rubbish bins are supplied with the glamping bell tents only, but you must remove your rubbish with you upon departure and take this to the general waste bin provided. We provide limited recycling bins at both Beech Estate and Wild Boar Wood Campsites for your use, however in peak times these may become full, requiring you to remove all rubbish. Wild Boar Wood has a general waste collection for bell tent guests. Thank you for your understanding. Group bookings that leave rubbish may forfeit an amount of their security deposit to pay for their rubbish removal.
Additional Day Guests
Beech Estate and Wild Boar Wood – with prior approval it may be possible for additional guests to visit the site between 10am and 9pm. There is a charge of 50% of the camping rate per guest. The maximum numbers allowed on each site at any one time may preclude guests from visiting.
No smoking is allowed inside the glamping accommodations or within the campsite facilities.
There will be wardens at the campsites. The wardens will be charged specifically with:
- ensuring noise is kept to a minimum during evening hours
- cars are parked in the correct areas and do not park in the campsite proper
- campsite rules are adhered to
- security of the campsite and surrounding areas
- no electronic, amplified music or percussion is played.
The warden will where necessary, enforce the low noise policy.
We ask for you and your guests to cooperate with our wardens. Please assist us by listening and adhering to the warden’s instructions, directions and requests. It is a condition of your booking that you agree to follow the directions of our wardens and staff.
- You agree to look after the glamping accommodation, tent pitches and campsites. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of your booking, and you agree to leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we may make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the staff, landowners or any third party, we may refuse to allow you access to the property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your booking, as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You are in a natural environment and as such you agree to respect all local flora and fauna. Any damage, wilful or negligent, will be taken seriously and may result in you and your party being requested to leave the campsite. In such cases we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You must allow us access to the glamping accommodations at any reasonable time during your stay.
- The number of people using the glamping accommodation and tent pitches may not exceed the number agreed when booking.
We supply an amount of firewood for our bell tents based on the bookings and number of nights of hire. Thereafter additional firewood is charged for. Pitch campers may purchase firewood as required. You must not collect firewood from the campsites or surrounding woodland areas. Fallen dead wood provides a natural habitat for many creatures. Please use only firewood supplied by Pegs and Pitches Camping, brought by you onto the campsites or as directed by our staff.
If you have special requests or needs, you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your stay at Pegs and Pitches Camping please tell us before we confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs.
Liability – Your Happiness and Satisfaction!
It makes us happy if you enjoy your stay with us! If you have any problems during your stay, please let us know immediately so we can try and sort them out while you are here. If you have any complaints thereafter, please address them to;
Pegs and Pitches Camping, 17 Brigden Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 5DP. Telephone 01273 980218. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act).
- Pegs and Pitches Camping or their staff or business partners shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused. We accept no liability for injury sustained to any party whilst on our campsites.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Pegs and Pitches Camping, 17 Brigden Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 5DP and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time or sent via email or mail.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
Other important terms
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may submit the dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
Pegs and Pitches Camping is a trading name of Campsite Management Ltd. Campsite Management LTD is a marketing and administration company which is contracted to work on behalf of campsite operators.
Campsite Management Limited
Company Number – 10157803
VAT Number – 308 3098 09
Registered Office – 17 Brigden Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 5DP
Beech Estate campsite is operated by
Eco Camp LTD
Company Number – 07612800
VAT Number – 167 1503 16
Registered Office – 17 Brigden Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 5DP
Wild Boar Wood Campsite is operated by
Wild Boar Wood Campsite LTD
Company Number – 11488103
VAT Number – 310 7846 17
Registered Office – 17 Brigden Street, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 5DP