Pegs and Pitches Covid-19 Policy – Existing Bookings

Please read for the latest COVID-19 updates:

Last updated May 12th, 2020.

The Government Guidance from May 11th, 2020

Proposed Opening Date 4th July, 2020.
Campsites unlikely to open prior to July 4th

As I’m sure our campers will realise, reading and trying to interpret the guidance issued by the Government is very difficult and involves a degree of speculation. It is our belief that the new guidance offered in ‘Our plan to rebuild: The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy’ likely places the campsites (Beech Estate Campsite and Wild Boar Wood Campsite) within Step 3 of the process. This indicates that an opening date of no earlier than July 4th.

This appears to be the relevant detail from the Government’s guidance.

“The ambition at this step is to open at least some of the remaining businesses and premises that have been required to close, including personal care (such as hairdressers and beauty salons) hospitality (such as food service providers, pubs and accommodation), public places (such as places of worship) and leisure facilities (like cinemas). They should also meet the COVID-19 Secure guidelines.”

Step 2 allows for an expansion of the ‘Family bubble’ with a target date of June 1st, 2020.  Whilst we believe our campsites’ isolated pitches and locations would offer a low risk location for breaks for families or indeed for a small family ‘bubble’,  it would be unwise to make this assumption and this outcome seems unlikely.

Following this guidance we are now incorporating our credit note policy to include dates up to July 3rd, 2020. We will be in touch via email, or if you booked as a group via your Group Leader with details.

 

Stays between 1st April – July 3rd, 2020

We will be moving bookings or issuing credits to those who have booked stays between these dates. Credit notes will be valid for 18 months, so although we hope to see you this season we can of course accommodate you next year. Please fill in the below form if you have a stay booked within these dates. 

(In the event that Government guidance should change and campsites may be opened, campers with previous bookings for the above dates will be prioritised should they wish to change their stay back to their original booking dates.)

Fill in this form if you have a stay between 1st April – 3rd July 2020

Stays from July 4th, 2020

We are hoping that we’ll be opening by this date but of course will measure this realistically, consider the Government’s advice and update you in due course.  If you have a stay after this date we will ask you to keep your booking as it is for now but will of course update you with any changes as things move along. 

At this stage, due to the evolving situation we are unable to process changes or cancellations to the these bookings. However should Government Guidance still recommend against travel and the opening of campsites we will be offering credit notes to bookings impacted.

Our policy explained – survival of a small business

Pegs and Pitches Camping is a small business operating two small campsites with modest margins. The majority of our expenses are incurred prior to a camper’s arrival. Most of the remaining expenses occur irrespective of a camper’s stay. We have been advised that our business insurance does not cover this unusual and unprecedented set of circumstances we find ourselves in. In response to the situation we are opting to move stays or provide a camping credit for guests affected by the coronavirus. We have taken this action as we believe it is fair minded and will allow us survive into the future.  We all believe it is fairer outcome for our campers than our Standard Terms & Conditions.

We trust our campers have travel/holiday insurance to personally cover any losses in the case of cancellation. It is with regret that we, as a small business, can not provide you with insurance or to cover you in full for any of your financial losses. 

I do hope you understand our circumstances. We remain committed to our staff and guests.  We will work towards opening the campsites at the earliest date allowed and to provide beautiful settings to ‘escape on a little adventure’ – needed even more in these times.  

Thank you for all of your support – together we will move forward to a brighter future.

Stay safe.

Coronavirus Update

Based on Government guidance we have delayed the opening of Beech Estate and Wild Boar Wood Campsites until July 4th, 2020. We hope to reopen on this date, assuming it's safe for our campers and staff, unless the Government guidance changes. *** Please note any new bookings made after April 27th 2020 until further notice, that are unable to commence due to Government guidance regarding COVID-19, will be offered credit notes for 18 months or full refunds. This applies to booking made directly on our website only. ***