Due to a change in circumstances we are now looking a couple or two friends to fill the campsite warden position at Beech Estate Campsite in 2021. We need helpers from mid July until the end of August to help the campsite manager run the site for the season. Please read more details about the warden job below and email us your CV and cover letter if you’re interested.
Overview of the Campsite Warden Jobs at Wild Boar Wood & Beech Estate Campsites
Are you interested in living an alternative lifestyle? From time to time we require suitable people for our campsite warden jobs to work and live at our two Sussex woodland campsite. Our camping seasons run from April to October. Both campsites are off-grid. The positions are likely to suit a couple seeking an alternative way of living, with a love of people and nature.
Beech Estate Campsite
This is the larger of our two campsites and set within a 600 acre woodland in East Sussex. The campsite has around thirty tent pitches including eight bell tents. We allow family groups are very busy on weekends and during the summer holidays.
Wild Boar Wood Campsite
Our glamping only site in West Sussex. This campsite has nine bell tents in a semi ancient five acre woodland. A more intimate site than Beech Estate campsite with the trains of the bluebell railway running past. The campsite is often booked out for exclusive use with nine families.
The primary responsibility of the warden(s) is to enhance the experience of our campers and ensure their wellbeing.
The warden(s) is responsible for the safety and security of the campers and the campsite. Meeting and greeting the campers and making them feel welcome are of great importance. We consider the role to be one of service to our guests, to answer any questions they may have. Also one of ‘troubleshooting’ and dealing with possible problems, ideally before they occur. Responsibilities could range from assisting lost guests, dealing with difficulties due to weather conditions or maintenance tasks.
Our local area planning permission requires the warden(s) to be onsite at all times guests are present. Hence the role requires the warden to live at the campsite.
Please note the following;
- Both campsites are off-grid, so no electricity
- You need to love camping and nature
- There are electricity points at both farms away from the campsites that can be used
- No dogs are allowed due the local planning restrictions
- The showers are gravity fed bucket showers with the warm water coming from a wood burning stove or small gas fired heater
- There is a constant fresh water supply
- Owning your own vehicle is a must
Suitable applicants will likely see this position as a lifestyle choice, as their presence will be required onsite in the evenings and the peak guests times on weekends and during holidays.
The warden is responsible for cleaning of the bell tents after they are vacated. Cleaning of the toilets and showers. They are also responsible for the general maintenance and tidying of the campsite.
For more information on Wild Boar Wood or Beech Estate Woodland Campsites visit our website;
Warden Characteristics – Campsite Warden Jobs
- Hard working, diligent and responsible
- MUST have your own vehicle
- Enjoys interacting with people, including children, with a strong customer service focus
- Loves the outdoors and camping
- Physically fit and active – there is a degree of lifting and moving of heavy objects required
- Would suit people seeking an alternative lifestyle
- Relaxed, down to earth, happy person – we run a chilled out campsite
- Practical with good general maintenance and DIY skills
- Self-starter, who is not satisfied with average and thinks outside the box
- Would suit a couple who share the responsibilities
Timing & Commitment – Campsite Warden Jobs
- The position(s) will be from March – November, depending on which campsite you are applying for.
- Weekends are busy, however outside of school holidays the campsites are generally quiet midweek.
- In April the focus is on setting up the campsites, maintenance and building projects.
- Wardens may be asked to swap locations (between East and West Sussex) as cover or to provide variety, or to allow specialist skills to be used of one warden at different sites.
- Expected working hours range between 20 hours per week to 40 plus hours in peak times.
As a warden you will be expected to live onsite in a shepherds hut. Outside you will have your own campfire, eco stove, picnic table, director’s chairs etc. All cookware etc is supplied. We supply you with all your firewood for cooking and a great adventure living off-grid in the lovely Sussex Countryside. We provide a mobile phone for work related use.
Responsibilities for Campsite Warden Jobs
|Bell Tent Set-Up & Take Down
|Guests Arrival & Departure
|Bell Tent Preparation & Cleaning
|Campsite Cleaning and Maintenance
If you think a campsite warden position at Beech Estate or Wild Boar Wood campsites could be for you then please send us a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!